10 Slot Tips for playing online or in live casinos
Here are some slot tips that can help you overcome the house advantage. Slots, like any negative expectation gambling game, can not be beaten in the long run, but there are short-term measures you can take to lower the odds against the casino.
There is no guarantee that this advice will turn you into a jackpot winner, but if we can at least make slots playing easier on your bankroll, it's a step in the right direction. Are you ready?
- Don't go over your budget. Select a coin denomination that suits the amount of money you are willing to spend. For instance, if you've allocated $50, don't start out playing dollars. Start with quarters or even nickels; then, if you're winning, switch to the next higher denomination.
- Before you start to play, read all the paytable and all other information on a slot machine. Know how many coins you need to bet in order to qualify for the jackpot.
- Play only slot types you know well; do not play strange, new machines where you have no idea how to win. An online slot tip: Online you can "test drive" unfamiliar slots for free, before you invest your money.
- If a jackpot payout is 100 coins for a 1-coin bet, 200 for a 2-coin bet and 300 for a 3-coin bet, then there is no advantage. You might as well stretch your money and playing time.
- Don't keep feeding a cold slot - if there is no payout after 4 to 6 spins, try another machine. You want to be at a slot that's in a paying mood while you're playing it.
- Bet the maximum amount of coins required in order to collect the jackpot. You'd hate yourself if you hit a jackpot but you weren't betting enough coins to qualify.
- Will you be happy with frequent, small wins or are you after that huge jackpot? For frequent small payouts choose a standard 3-reel, one-pay line slot. Multi-reel progressives have big jackpots but will gobble up your bankroll faster.
- The number of coins bet has no bearing on the chances of lining up a winning combination.
- Play slots online only at reputable online casinos that offer a bonus. As long as you can play with free bonus money the odds are definitely in your favor.
- The most important slot tip: Remember to quit when you're ahead. In the excitement of wanting to win more and more, it's easy to forget this simple rule. If you do, chances are you'll lose your winnings and more. Real winners know when it's time to cash in.